Almost closing time!




 We’re finally here, it’s finally the week of closing!

Even though it was roller coaster of a ride, we are finally taking the last step to getting our house. Even getting to this last step was a bit of a wild ride.

When we were exactly one week away from closing we got a phone call from our lender saying my husband’s verification of employment paperwork was done wrong… for the third time!

Friday morning we were scrambling to get this straightened out, because we are either getting a yes or a no from the underwriter that day. If we were not approved that day, our closing could be delayed another week, which wouldn’t be too bad except for the fact my dad is flying out here to be supportive and to celebrate with us. 

It not only took my husband’s manger getting involved, but also his district manager, as well, to try to get the HR person to fill it out correctly. All he needed to do was state when the person was employed, what their wages were, and confirm that he will still be employed there after we close. 

Not sure if it was just getting too late or what, but finally it was decided just to use my husband’s pay stubs. This was a big risk because by doing this we are at our max limit for our loan now. We were originally approved for $245K.By using my husband’s pay stubs this now will put our loan limit at $240K.

Most of the day was just waiting on pins and needles. Every time an email came in, or my phone would go off I was scared to look at it. Then about 12:30 pm I emailed our lender, asking if she had an update for us. She told me that both underwriters had signed off on the paperwork and we were clear to close. I could finally breathe again!

About a half hour later my husband calls to tell me he has bad news, that the underwriters didn’t approve our loan. I was super confused at that point and told him our lender had emailed me earlier telling me we were good to close. Turns out he was trying to mess with me and trick me into thinking we were not approved for our loan. Sneaky guy! This just proves karma exists, because it got him before he even knew it. 

So now we are all set to close on our very first home on Thursday morning!! Stay tuned for the epic conclusion. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of Curb Appeal

Update Your Home Room by Room

How much do Realtors give to Charity?