The Inspection



The Inspection

                This past Saturday the 26th. (Yes the day after Christmas.) We had the Inspection done on our future house. 
For me it was a pretty freaky thing. I’ve never done this before so I didn’t know what to expect. So I’m so glad my father and mother in law were able to come with. I felt a lot better knowing that someone who owns a house and has done some work to their house was there to help look at things.
My husband and father in law were the main two who were helping the inspector spot things and were asking him questions about it. I followed them around as well, but felt more of a nuisance than anything.
Especially when he had to crawl into the crawl space. I did not want to go. Who knew what creepy crawlers were down there. So I told them I’d wait up on the main floor. At that time my mother in law and I measured how things could fit in the room, such as the bed and dressers. We wanted to see if we liked the front bedroom or the back bedroom more for our room. We chose the back room, everything seemed to fit better.
The whole time during the inspection I was so nervous the inspector or would find something horribly wrong and would tell us we can’t have the house. We worked so hard to get to this point, I don’t want to lose this house over something being wrong with the house.
Thankfully there wasn’t anything horribly wrong. A few minor things. Like leaky faucets, and some wiring with the microwave. The biggest concern was the electrical box, the company went out of business and they have been deemed a fire hazard.
So now we wait to see if the seller agrees to fix these things or not.
I hope so because I’ve been having nightmares about this whole thing. I didn’t have nightmares about my wedding, but I’m sure having nightmares about this house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of Curb Appeal

Update Your Home Room by Room

How much do Realtors give to Charity?