Light at the end of the tunnel



Light at the end of the tunnel

 

So for those of you following along with me on my first time home buyer journey, you know that my husband and I have been struggling with getting our first home. Mostly because cash offers are beating us, or the fact we have an FHA loan.
About a week or so ago, we had put an offer in for a house my husband and I loved. It was a small 2 bedroom and one bath house. But had a huge yard for entertaining. It was the perfect home. A starter home dream.
So we put our offer in and two days later we found out we didn’t get it. It was a devastating blow. Well as I have said in my other blogs you just need to keep looking. So that’s what we did. Put a few more offers in, didn’t get those houses either.
Till last Friday, a house very similar to the original one we put the offer on, came available. Toured it and put an offer in. Then later that night we heard that our original house we loved was available again.
So now we had to pick between which house we wanted. Both were the same style house, in the same neighborhood too. It was picking between the same houses pretty much. Both had pluses, and minuses. The 2nd house already had a dishwasher in it, but was smaller. Then the first house had a bigger yard, but no dishwasher.
So my husband and I sat down and wrote out both the pros and cons on each house. We agreed that whichever house had more pros, that house would be ours.
So at 8:00pm we had finally come to decision. We decided to go with….
*cue the drum roll*
The original house we had out an offer on!!
 As it turns out that house had a few more pros for us. The bigger yard was great for our dog, and had more room to entertain guests when the summer months come closer.
This house is also 67 square feet bigger than the other. So well take the extra little bit of room.
But what I think what really sold us (or more of my husband) is that there is a big shed in the back yard to store our stuff. A.K.A. his cars.
So now were officially under contract!
Now what? We’ve never gotten this far in the home buying process before.
Stay tuned for what’s next….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of Curb Appeal

Update Your Home Room by Room

How much do Realtors give to Charity?